Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: AG bathtub

  1. #11
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know I would have bought the tub if it was white with gold claw feet and gold fixtures. That would have been perfect for the historic dolls too! I don't consider the color white to be old-fashioned for a tub. It's simply classic and matches any decor. Wouldn't it be fun to keep a small white claw-foot tub in your bathroom? When company visited, you could fill it with guest towels and soap.

    If it weren't so expensive, I would consider getting the tub just for all the fixin's (bubbles, brush, book, etc.) and then find my own small white claw-foot tub.

    Julia

  2. #12
    Inactive Member annkirstin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love the bath accessories and the plastic bubbles and everything...I just wish the tub would look like a real bathtub.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member marymax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2004
    Posts
    491
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a tub I bought on ebay, it is porcelain and has claw feet, I have a picture of it in one of my albums...it is slightly too small...it was sold for guest towels...now I must hunt and see if I can find a bigger one....it looks very cute...
    Mary

  4. #14
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    AG's book Tiny Treasures had instructions for turning a loaf pan into a tub...which would work for smaller dolls like Only Hearts Club dolls. I haven't made one, but I'm wondering if there are any large tins that could also be spray painted and made to look like tubs for those who like this idea but not the AG one (?).

  5. #15
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok, this bathtub is the first AG item that I may decide to alter. Gasp! [img]eek.gif[/img] But after looking at the tub and seriously imagining it all white with gold fixtures, I think I would love it!!! So that means sanding it down, spray painting it all glossy white and then painting gold on the feet and scroll top. I'll have to think on this awhile though. I've never paid so much for something only to change it.

    Julia

  6. #16
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've also seen this type of tub in the toy store for Bratz dolls.

    I agree that girls may like it! But I wonder how much play value it will have. There are only so many times the dolls can take a bath before it gets boring. I think girls really like to do real things with dolls, too, so the fact that the doll is not really in a bath or really getting wet will be disappointing. When I was a little girl I had a Cabbage Patch Kid that was all vinyl and able to go in the tub. This was fun...but I know I personally wouldn't have liked to have had this item for an AG because the AG is not really in a real bath.

  7. #17
    Sail-Away
    Guest Sail-Away's Avatar

    Post

    LOL.....I personally like the tub. It isn't high on my list but I think it is a hoot. I would love to have a big ol' tub like that.....now if I only had time to crawl into it that would be even better!

    I have seen the other versions of it for smaller dolls in TRU too. Still not high on my list and won't be getting it but I like it and I also know the target audience of 7-14 year olds are liking it too.

  8. #18
    chrstnwmn7
    Guest chrstnwmn7's Avatar

    Post

    I agree that the tub looks barbie-ish. But, my daughter wants it for Christmas...so we will be buying it. I don't want it for my collection at all. But she loves it, so I will induldge her. She is also getting the new AGT that has the plantinum hair. I don't wanna discourage her from the things she likes...so I let her pick out what she wants. But I personally would never buy it for myself either. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  9. #19
    Inactive Member JAdder's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2002
    Posts
    141
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Can you sand it? It doesn't say it's wood it doesn't look like wood. You know my hubby came around and said something like "That is American Girl!" also for the same reasons he tells me the stuff looks really cheep to him. I feel bad that quality has gone down it is one of the reasons I stopped going to AGOT becuase the stuff looked cheep and uninviting. At least with the Historicals once in a great while a well made item will fall into the bunch made by proably the last two people who still care working at AG.

  10. #20
    Sail-Away
    Guest Sail-Away's Avatar

    Post

    Actually Julia there is a "fusion" paint made by Krylon for plastics. It reqiures no sanding or priming at all and the last coat leaves a glossy finish. I have used it for lawn funiture and such. There are no scrapes or chips that come out off of the surfaces. It is a wonderful product. I was thinking of using it to make the tub have a white finish as well. It amazes me that I would consider doing this but I beleave it would be a huge improvement over the blue.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •